Central Imaging is dedicated to providing excellent quality of care as well as exceptional imaging for accurate diagnosis.
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
Our state-of-the-art 1.5T scanner has a wide bore opening for patient comfort as well as in-suite windows to help alleviate claustrophobia. Headphones are available for many exams for added patient comfort. Our technologists are highly trained and registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. MRI scans at Central Imaging are available Monday - Saturday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
CT (Computed Tomography)
Computed Tomography (CT) provides a cross-sectional view of your body, tissues and organs. Our highly trained technologists are registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists to provide safe, accurate exams. CT scans at Central Imaging are available Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Important Note for Patients
If you have a pacemaker, defibrillator, aneurysm clips, or ANY internal devices, please let our scheduler know prior to scheduling your appointment. You may not be unable to undergo an MRI procedure or have to be scheduled on a particular type of MRI system. You MUST bring any implant cards with you to your MRI exam if they deem your implant safe to scan.
Once the order has been sent to the facility that best suits your needs, your insurance company may require authorization prior to your MRI. This may take several days. Once authorization is obtained, your exam will be scheduled at your earliest convenience.
After your exam is complete, call our office to schedule a test results appointment at 405.360.6764.
You will need to bring a copy of the MRI on a disc to your results appointment so your provider can view the images as they cannot be digitally sent.
Preparing For Your Appointment
- You should arrive early for your appointment to fill out safety screenings and paperwork.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing that contains no metal (zippers, snaps, buttons or clasps).
- You will be asked to remove any piercings or jewelry prior to your scan.
- There are no diet restrictions; you can eat, drink, and take your medications as normal.
- If you have been prescribed pain medication and feel you would need it to minimize discomfort and movement during your exam, please take it prior to your exam if needed.
During Your Appointment
- MRI exams typically take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes per exam.
- It is imperative that you are very still during the entirety of the exam to get an accurate diagnosis. The technologist may have to repeat images if there is too much motion.
- Some facilities offer headphones with music to help alleviate anxiety.
- Please let the technologist know at the time of your appointment that you will need a disc with your MRI images before you leave.
After Your Appointment
After you have completed your MRI or CT, you will need to schedule a test results appointment with your provider. It typically takes a few days to get the report back after the exam.
Please be aware that an MRI or CT may be billed in two portions - one for the technical component of the exam, and another for the radiologist's interpretation of your exam. You will need to contact that facility with any questions regarding billing.
Transparent Highly Competitive Pricing
- Non-Contrast MRI - $399*
- MRI Brain W/WO - $541
- CT Head W/O - $168
- CT Abdomen/Pelvis W/ IV/ORAL - $318
- CT Chest W/ - $279
*Please call for more pricing information
* Price includes the scan and the radiologist fee; no second bill